All Reader Reviews of...
207 W. 14th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Seventh Ave.
COPPELIA HAS NO DECENCY
By ALEDANIFRA on 2/11/2013
BROUGHT MY MOM HERE AND SHE ORDERED THE CHURRASCO (STEAK). THE PIECE OF MEAT THEY SERVED HER WAS SO ROUGH SHE LITERALLY CHOKED ON IT. MY SISTER HAD TO GET HER UP AND DO THE HEIMLICH WHILE MY MOM GASPED FOR AIR. THE ICING ON THE CAKE WAS THAT THE STAFF DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP!! THE WAITER CAME OVER AFTERWARDS AND FEIGNED CONCERN SO THAT HIS TIP WOULDN'T BE COMPROMISED, BUT HE'S NOT THAT GREAT AN ACTOR. NEVER GOING BACK. PERIOD.
Latino-approved Caribbean fare!
By MissCoco on 12/18/2012
I simply adore this joint: friendly staff, reasonable prices on most dishes, big selection (veggie, meat lovers), fantastic cocktails, happy hour deals (only Mon-Thurs), and some of the most authentic, tasty, moist roast pork in NYC. Ask for the tostones with chimichurri sauce or the pan con lechon. I mean, roast pork sandwich with fried pork rinds?! HEAVENLY! Black beans & rice (moros) are decent, Korean tacos, while a bit overpriced, are delicious. Some weekly specials. Great place to unwind after a tough day OR after a night of clubbing...did I mention it's open 24/7?! A roast pork sanwich a cup of authentic cafe con leche hit the spot around 3am. I keep bringing in friends who bring more of their own. Spread the word--this is one amazing find in Chelsea!
go-to late night food
By yasmina on 6/12/2012
Living in the area, i have been to Coppelia many times, and have always left happy. The arepas + avocado milkshake+any of the desserts make a fantastic meal every time. Heuvos rancheros, pancakes, and lomo saltado are some other winners. The staff are also wonderful and super friendly. Only con is that since they got their liquor license after midnight on the weekends they tend to BLAST music (they even have a DJ) which is not always the atmosphere I want during a late dinner. But no matter. They even deliver!
Rat-a-Nascar - please set out some traps
By alwayshungry on 12/2/2011
duuuude, I am embarrassed to have brought a friend to Coppelia the other night. the city that never sleeps has been losing it's 24-hour flavor (thanks bloomberg/guiliani) so I was eager to check Coppelia out and holy goodness gracious I was disappointed. On top of a rodent infestation - they were running around the corners like rat-a-nascar.. the food was weak. the chicken wings with mole tasted like some sports bar wings.. only dried out and super tough. the fish tacos were inedible.. The staff was nice, and are doing their best - but the place gets a big *F and should be flagged to avoid.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella