All Reader Reviews of...
13 E. 13th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Fifth Ave.
Dishes too salty, stuff dismissive
By storchmann on 11/10/2015
I was with a friend at Corkbuzz. I had Tagliatelle with anchovies and capers, she had another pasta dish w/o anchovies. Both dishes were totally over salted. After my remark the waiter took the meal w/ the anchovies to the chef and came back only with the comment "the chef can do the same meal w/o the anchovies". I love anchovies. And it's over salted because he put too much salt into the sauce. The manager came "if you don't like anchovies, we have plenty of dishes w/o anchovies." Clearly, even the dish is too salty, it's the customers fault. Incredible. Especially since both dishes were over salted. Even the one w/o any anchovies. But more than by the saltiness I am turned off by the dismissive staff, waitress, chef, manager and chef were totally dismissive --- Incredible. I ended up eating nothing.
they need a new maitre d/owner, for the one they have now sucks
By swizzle on 1/28/2012
i went here last night with four girlfriends, and while we enjoyed the wine and the food and found our server pleasantly knowledgable, we were very much put off as the anxious, unfortunate looking maitre d awkwardly hovered above us at the communal table. we squeezed our fifth friend in, as the group next to us did the same with another friend arriving later, so the table was tight. no one seemed to mind except this maitre d, who lectured us and wanted us to move mid dinner. this went on for about 15 minutes. well we didn't move. also, she was apparently the owner? whatever, she sucks and it sucks such a lovely establishment has to be owned by someone who sucks.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus