All Reader Reviews of...
888 Eighth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
at 52nd St.
I like it even though the food is just ok
By dare2cre8 on 7/29/2012
I was by myself, and I ordered 2 scrambled eggs w/sausage, hash fries, and rye bread. Service was swift, and the food was serviceable--nothing special. Tasted pretty much like it would have tasted if I'd made it at home myself. Topped it off with their strawberry shortcake cake. Again, nothing special, just your standard grocery store variety mass-produced cake. BUT, at around 1:30 a.m. on a Saturday night, just 6 blocks from a really nice place I'd gone dancing, it was convenient, welcoming, and lively. Didn't look like it attracted any low-life folks just hanging out for the price of a cup of coffee, which was what I had been afraid it would be. Some tourists, some locals, some kids who seemed to be glee club members and burst into song and laughter every now and then. Folks just talking and enjoying themselves into the wee hours of the morning. Kinda fun to be there, and I felt quite safe. In terms of decor/ambience, not much. Unpretentious. A few of the pictures on the walls needed straightening, other didn't. Clean. Nothing even close to fancy. I just wanted a decent meal, not too expensive, in a safe place, where I wouldn't feel rushed, and the other guests didn't make me feel depressed. And that's exactly what I got. I would definitely go there again.
THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER
By aja6950 on 12/13/2008
The food was awful and the waiter yelled at my children. I do not recommend. The worst dining experience I have ever had. Go to Westway of Galaxy diner instead.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages