All Reader Reviews of...
85 Tenth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
at 15th St.
Nice evening - but Tom wouldn't win Top Chef based upon this meal
By PJSPINA on 9/19/2010
Went last evening to celebrate anniversary. Table was ready on time, even though the restaurant was busy. Hostess very pleasant, and helpful. Waitstaff (Katie, from Georgia) was very nice. The sheer number of waiters, servers, bus boys, etc. in the dining room became dizzying after a while, though. As to the food, the Risotto with shrimp was very tasty, even though the portion was not large at all. The duck entree was prepared to perfection, and the portion size was plentiful. The skirt steak, however, was a disappointment; the entire dish was simply overpowered, and later watered down, by the broth that is applied. All in all, a very nice time but we expected a little more from Chef Tom.
Lovely time at Colicchio & Sons
By Mercy on 3/6/2010
I guess it's all a matter of opinion. We popped in on a Friday night well past 10pm and were greeted by two very friendly hostesses who took our coats. One proceeded to offer of the choice of eating in the "Tap Room" or more formal dining room. We opted for the tap room as it seemed cozy enough and had nice large windows. Our waiter, Andres, was fabulous. We had the pear, endive, ham salad- it was probably the best salad I have ever had. We also had the skirt steak, which was grass fed and perfectly cooked with some diced potatoes. The wine list was extensive and the two we chose were perfect. What a nice time and a nice place. No one was pretentious or snooty, in fact, friendliness and great service was all we recieved. As I told the manager, we'll be back for more!
Great Food, Nice Ambience
By mikenap15 on 2/18/2010
Went on the Saturday before Valentine's Day. Service was friendly and extremely knowledgable. Food was excellent. Well worth the money.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Café Gratitude Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings
- Dunkin’ Donuts Takes Aim at Starbucks With Its New Coffee Strategy
- Where to Eat and Drink Outdoors Now That It's Finally Warming Up