- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
47 W. 20th St., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Sixth Ave.
Worth going back
By ManhattanMiss on 7/25/2011
Given the location inside Limelight, the cool gothic vibe, and the amazing patio, I couldn't believe this place was so empty on a Saturday night. We had the duck sliders and lobster guac to start and both were fantastic. The foie gras type sauce on the sliders and homemade chips with the guac really made the dishes. Our entrees were not as good. The bbq ribs and tail were tender and flavorful but really dry. The pork loin was overcooked, and the picada sauce just didn't seem to jive with the rest of the dish. It was too tangy when it should have been sweet or savory. For desert we got the chocolate tart, which was fantastic, and next time I want to try the pecan & bacon pie. Yum! I should note the good draft beer selection. Given the location, the celebrity chef, the large portions, and the quality ingredients, I didn't think this place was overpriced, but they do need to work on the main dishes, especially (ironically) the pork!
A Spoiled Scene
By madclark on 7/17/2011
The appetizers were decent, but that was the highlight of many disappointments for my experience there. After sending back an obviously spoiled skate, the manager offered to replace it with what turned out to be a very salty gnocchi dish (without offering to comp anything). My drinks were horribly mixed even though they were basic, standard orders. My friends were underwhelmed, especially for the price so we left without even considering dessert. I won't be coming back anytime soon, which is a shame as the outdoor seating is so nice (despite the "scene" vibe).
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages