All Reader Reviews of...
178 Mulberry St., New York, NY, 10013
at Broome St.
By Pato_Igle on 3/26/2012
We walked in attracted by the shiny signal and the inside decoration; the happy hour of beer and wine tempted us, so we thought we would have an appetizer along with that. We were greeted by the manager, who proudly said he spoke spanish as well, like us. We had the house wine on a glass and a capresse antipasti. The wine tasted like grapes with water, and the capresse was tasty; pity it was only a couple of tiny slices of mozzarela, along with cherry tomatoes and pesto. The bread was hard and scarse, so we asked for more. Here comes the best part; the manager himself said "I've given you more than what we usually give our customers! I'll bring you more as long as you order something else." Can you believe that? A manager denying bread and on top of that blackmailing us? And nobody mentioned that the tips were included on the bill, so concluding: 2 glasses of watered wine and a tasty but poor appetizer: $28 dollars. Thank you for the being obnoxious Ardito, I hope you dont treat your future customers like us.
By vincap on 8/26/2011
I'm an Italian. When I went there I cried two times: first, when my plate arrived: it was very small for its price and secondly, when the check arrived: it was extremely huge!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu