All Reader Reviews of...
37 E. 8th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. University Pl.
By gregsgotmoxy on 1/17/2008
So I like sweet things. LOVE baked goods... cookies, cakes, you name it. I always enjoy trying a new bakery. I had passed crumbs many times, admiring it's bounty of cupcakes-all-sorts whilst rushing by the storefront. Needless to say, the night I finally had the chance to try one, I was thrilled. TOTAL let down! First and foremost, the cupcake i had was STALE. I am not quite sure how that happens, how long they store them for, etc.. but the cake was tough and dry and an odd texture. Secondly, the icing was crunchy, like they used granulated sugar instead of confectioner's sugar to make the it. It was kind of a giant mess. Too much icing, too messy, too big, too much food coloring, rude staff. BAH. I'm over it. Go to amy's or magnolia to get a real cupcake.
By bluerose on 8/7/2008
the first time i had crumbs, the cupcakes were delicious and moist. the second i had them (i bought them at night right before they were about to close) they were a bit dry and maybe even stale. it was a huge letdown. the quality of the cupcake definitely depends on when you buy it so if you go there, go early.
The Cupcakes Rock
By RandlePinkFloyd on 11/20/2009
Fantastic cupcakes. Big, fresh and tasty. My favorite in the 'hood and never get a complaint when sharing. I think they are better than Magnolia... plus you don't have to wait in line for them!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?