All Reader Reviews of...
119 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 28th St.
By scotty9500 on 12/29/2010
HAHAHA... it's almost funny! I was just on hold for over 12 minutes after asking for a delivery because they're "too busy". They really are... they always have a line of people who point at what they want at the front counter, aside from the upstairs dining. I love dining there... the food is great and the service is fine... EXCEPT for deliveries. This is the THIRD time I've attempted to get a delivery from them. The food is very good and a great value, but every time I try for delivery, I get burnt. No can do. They just don't care about deliveries... it's amazing. When I hung up the phone, I called back and said, "Are you still so busy?" "Yes, we will be..." came the response. OK--- bye bye! No way... I ordered from Copper Chimney in the end, and I'll spend a lot more money for it... but I'm hungry!
Top Notch Tast of Indian cuisine\Curry in a Hurry 119 Lexington Ave, New York NY10016 40.742638 -73.982139
By kevinolk on 7/21/2010
I have seen this place for years and thought it was a dive...went in recently and honestly cant stop thinking about ther fresh tasting and absolutely top quality indian cuisine,,,fresh baked Nan, chicken tika, and that fantastic vegetable curry mix they have is off the hook. One of the most wonderful meals I have ever had...And I know food, trust me. If your looking for high class ambience with a high price and leaving hungry, then this is not the place.
By lightgraffiti on 3/19/2010
Love this! After a long day of working, we were craving Indian food all day, and were staying at a hotel, near by the restaurant. Found this place online and they delivered right up to our room within 30 minutes of ordering. Best Indian food we have ever had. Cheap and a great find, will definitely be ordering next time!
By jimfromearth on 7/12/2009
My wife and i live in brooklyn and are of italian hertiage but we try to eat at this most wonderful Indian establishment at least 3 time monthly. the food is so fantastic. the prices are very reasonable also i love their free all you want salad bar and dessert also the soda fountaiin is bottomless. just a wonderful consistent experience. one of my all time favorites and i have eaten in quite a few in nyc from the high to the low.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s