All Reader Reviews of...
99 Lexington Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 27th St.
i love this place
By anika56 on 2/27/2013
They are really good in service and food taste. i dont know why some people have so many dislikes of this place, give them a chance because i was told they have new managements. i really like this place and will come back for sure
ABYSMAL SERVICE + TERRIBLE FOOD
By anaghamccalister on 4/5/2011
Read below for a crazy story about how racist and nasty the manager is! I will never step in there again. So, last week I ordered my paneer + dal makhani (curries) to be medium spicy but they came out being incredibly spicy (HOT). It was so hot that my eyes started watering after just one bite. Let me also add that I am Indian and I can really take the heat in spicy curries. I complained to the waiter and he didn't do anything about it. I ate a few more bites of the naan and rice (with very little curry), got the check, paid and gave a lower (10%) tip than usual (20%) because I was unhappy with both the food and the service. However, because I had been coming here for so long and had brought many friends to the restaurant, I wanted to give the manager some feedback. I went up to him and told him that my food was VERY spicy and nothing was done to fix it which is why I left a smaller tip than usual (20%). He said that I didn't tip well because I am Indian and I am cheap. I couldn't believe what he had just said. I replied that this had nothing to do with being Indian and besides I am American. He shouted back loudly in front of the entire restaurant on a Friday during dinner time saying "No. You are Indian. You are cheap. Get out".
Worst Dining Experience
By Katrina21 on 2/24/2008
This is the worst restaurant experience I have ever had in my 20 years in NY. I am Indian and went there with some friends (Asian) with a reservation. While one of my friends was in the middle of ordering, the waiter left us because he saw a white couple come in (mind you, there were other customers.) The snatched our plates away while my friend was still eating. The food was mediocre and tiny (3 two inch chicken pieces per dish and we had to share a small bowl of rice with two people). We spent $150, and got terrible service. People who paid less were given more attention because they were white. I was totally appalled. They are the rudest service ever and racially biased. I went there last year with a crowd of half white and Indian, and we were treated much better. They have very bad business to treat customers badly because they are not white, especially customers who pay and tip well (We should not have tipped at all). This is the worst dining experience I have ever had.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic