All Reader Reviews of...
494 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10018
nr. 38th St.
WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE
By MIKELOCK34 on 5/25/2007
We dined at Enzos for our first time last week. The service is wonderful. Enzo is an excellent host. We had two of the pasta specials which were excellent. We tried each of the flavors of gelato that they offered that night. Each flavor was excellent. All were very rich and creamy with wonderful rich flavors. They serve authentic Sicilian food, not your standard Italian restaurant food. Their wine prices are very reasonable compared to most restaurants in the city. The room is very nice with murals on the walls and ceiling. Nicely lighted with a vase of beautiful, fresh white roses on each table. We would recommend Enzos for a romantic dinner or for a business meal in a relaxed, unhurried environment. Do not leave without trying their Amaretto cookies that come with the coffee. Ask to try the cookies if you are not going to order coffee, the Amaretto cookies are incredibly good. If nothing else, go and try their gelatos. Enjoy!
Surprise! The storefront has a pretty good restaurant hiding in the back.
By lchahal on 3/31/2007
We had the specials: marinated calamari and chickpea, taglioni with sea urchin in a butter sauce, the baked sea bass with artichoke and tenderized breaded veal with a bottle of chianti. The service was amazing. Very attentive. However, the food didn't deliver as much as I wished it would have. The calamari was too chewy, the chickpeas seemed dry. The taglioni was above average but unimpressive in flavor. The baked sea bass was fantastic which bumped up the restaurant's food score to 7 from a six. It is the best bass I have ever had. The veal was a bit of a dissapointment, it was heavy and low in flavor. The chianti was excellent. For dessert we did gelato and cream puffs which were tasty. Overall, I would reccommend coming for the dessert and ordering the fresh fish. I wouldn't do it again for a special occasion. However, if I was in the neighborhood and needed to eat, I would come here because the food is above average and priced fairly.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s