Delicious food, great value, ambiance is lacking
By cb85 on 9/21/2011
There are a lot of haters out there, but for a meal that arrives quickly, is really good and very, very reasonably priced you can't beat Dallas BBQ. There is a reason all the locations are usually completely packed. The pulled pork is so moist and flavorful. I'm almost embaressed to say as a BBQ lover that the pulled pork here is the best in NYC. The service isn't amazing and the decor is totally tacky but I'd highly recommend any of the locations in the city.
Great Lunchtime Restaurant
By geminiguyy on 1/31/2010
We enjoyed the lunchtime special. We had shoestring fries and clowslaw. WE only paid $14.03 for two sandwiches and soda's. Excellent meal the chicken was moist and there was enough for two sandwiches on both our sandwiches. Would go back again.
Dallas BBQ's- Good meal for your money
By angie89 on 8/11/2007
This place has the best chicken wings ive ever had! The service was good. But if you seriously wanna meal for your money...this is the place to do it!
BBQ's Management Style
By smithbry on 7/14/2005
I have eaten at BBQ on 23rd and 8th in the past with no problems, however, the last time will be my last time. When my wife sent a drink back, the manager came out and was loud and very nasty (even after being reminded that my wife was a customer). He claimed that he would be out 7.50 if she sent the drink back, and what if she sent the next drink back (she sent the drink back and had water)? The only reason we didn't leave then was because we were taking a friend out, and there were children who were hungry. When my brother in-law went upstairs and asked him why he spoke to her like that, he was told 'you know how those people can get' (my wife and brother-in law don't resemble each other).
This is Bar-B-Que?
By deaghaidhcjjd on 3/4/2005
If you are from a region in the US that does BBQ, don't expect much here. Dallas BBQ has meat covered in BBQ sauce, steaks, and rotisserie chicken, but it does not serve real BBQ. The famed "onion loaf" is also rather scary. It is a large bunt-shapped solid pile of deep fried onions. Their buffalo wings are not bad.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight