All Reader Reviews of...
30 Hudson St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Duane St.
By Oviter on 5/11/2004
This restaurant has perhaps the most lush decor of any restaurant I have ever been in. The food is marvelous, too, as is the wine list. Not for every day but outstanding for a special occasion.
You could go to Austria for the money and you should
By zeecee on 2/26/2004
What an expensive mistake this was. It's nicely done, quiet and feels a bit like a hotel restaurant. The tiny piece of salmon we were given gratis was a promising start, but it was downhill after that. My roasted beet salad had no discernible flavor. The foie gras was fine but miniscule, maybe 4 bites. The shnitzel was no better than something you might get at a cheap place - plenty of breading, no flavor, despite squeezing lemon on it. The goulash was horrible, more like airplane food with a thick, dark brown, gloppy sauce and a few spaetzle. Desserts all had at least one ingredient too many, but we were game and nothing caused anyone to say, "Taste this". I had to ask the waiter to refill my water glass. The wine was fine. You can do much better and pay 1/4 of what it costs here.
By aischwang on 11/16/2003
I love this place !!! It is one of the best places in Manhatten to go for a date, business and special occasion. It is simply love...
By snappyaunt1 on 10/20/2003
Danube is too proud of itself. It keeps saying look at me. It should concentrate on the food. The food is good but only above average. For the price that is charged it should be better. Danube is trying too hard to be a romantic Viennese bistro. It's not.
Overone luxury in Vienna
By huntleysf on 9/22/2003
The Bouley treatment is overdone here-- gilding the lily twice. The(super romantic) decor is Klimt meets Hollywood, the food is five ingredients where two or three would do, the wait was forever even though we came on time...but that has probably calmed down, since I went near opening month. Interesting riffs on Austrain cuisine, trying to pull winer schnitzel into the 21st centruy...but why?
A Hapsburg Treasure
By evie1021 on 2/24/2003
Pack your bags and passport and head to Danube for a royal Austrian dining experience. Knockout decor, elegant service, delicious sexy food create a top notch dinner. Go all out for the Chef's Tasting menu for the real thing.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s