All Reader Reviews of...
152 E. 46th St., New York, NY, 10017
nr. Lexington Ave.
Darbar's Service - A Joke
By englishsoma on 6/30/2011
I visited Darbar and was astounded at the poor service- the waiters were impolite to both me and my guest. He seemed totally disinterested when he took our order and had an arrogant attitude when I am not sure if he could even speak English! I urge the Owner to spend some money in training his/her waitstaff and host/hostess to show some politeness and proper social etiquette to its patrons. I definitely do not recommend this restaurant. In addition the food is totally overpriced-just get Madhu Jaffrey's Indian cookbooks, buy the ingredients and make it yourself! Avoid this pretentious restaurant!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More