All Reader Reviews of...
299 Bowery, New York, NY, 10012
nr. Houston St.
Food and atmosphere was terrific...
By skennedy on 10/7/2009
Had delicious escargot, sausages, and a Frenchie burger - all delicious and served by an energetic and friendly staff.
By ChallahBackGirl on 9/8/2009
I have been to DBGB five times since they opened. They have definitely stepped up their game since they opened. The beer list is phenomenal, the menu is awesome and the service was great. I love that they have cooper pans from famous chefs hanging in the dinning room. I think their burger is one of the best in the city, I had the piggie. Something about the burger blend itself was so tasty. I asked the server where they get their meat from and they said the grind it themselves with a secrete blend. There is way too much emphasis on what purveyor the restaurant is using these days, it's nice to know that some chefs still want to do things the old school way.
By jetblack18 on 8/15/2009
It was great! As a tourist with kids we were incredibly happy!
Fabulous Fries, Mediocre Burger
By Kerita on 8/10/2009
Our lovely waitress looked like Concha Buika (african Spanish singer), that got a thumbs up. My bourbon and coke came with no bourbon and needed to be sent back, that got a thumbs down. The tuscan sausage was on par with a McDonalds breakfast. The "Yankee" burger was served with that really light green cabbage lettuce you would see at the corner Deli. The burger was fine, but not for $16 ($14+$2 for cheese). The highlight of the meal were the fries--those skinny crispy ones that I LOVE. The crowd consisted of mostly upper west side types that came downtown on a second date (at least i didnt say upper e side).
By antonybcn on 8/8/2009
GB = Good Burger. The burger is truly tasty, as are the fries. Great job! L = Loud. We all know NY restaurants can be lively, but this one needs some electronic sound dampening badly! B = Bad bartenders. One bartender was so arrogant he almost spoiled our entire evening. He persisted to have returned my credit card, not wanting to look into the tab stack. Of course you start fearing he gave it to someone else...
mission for the perfect burger
By missoverrated on 7/8/2009
we went to dbgb strictly in search of "the perfect burger". my friend ordered their infamous piggie bigger. the pork was delicious tender and very tasty. i got the yankee burger and it was honestly quite bland, but with ketchup it was great. the fries that came with it were the best part. the service was also up to par at first my burger seemed to a bit too bare so i asked for them to cook it, and they gave me a brand new burger with extra fries. (they could have been nice because the 'daily news' was doing the review on them that same time). regardless the service was fantastic! i would love to go back and try other entrees on the menu.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month