- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
139 W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Greenwich Ave.
Excellent and Accomodating!!
By mariafrnandz on 2/3/2010
I came to De Santos on a Friday night with my husband and 2 other couples. It was very crowded and we hadn't made a reservation so we were hoping for the best when we walked in. The hostess let us know she could squeeze us in in 15 minutes. We found a cozy corner at the bar and had a glass of wine and were half-way through our wine when we were told we would be able to sit down. We were thrilled! We quickly ordered and I must say the food was amazing! I had the tuna tartare and the basil crusted swordfish. Everything tasted spectacular! We had an amazing time at De Santos and they were so accomodating and so wonderful to us that we will for sure be back. Next time, with a reservation!
By freemanrx8 on 1/12/2010
I came to De Santos last year and wasn't very happy. My friends thought we should try it again and I was suprised to see they had done a 180! The hostess was alot nicer this time and kept us updated on when our table would be ready. They dropped the prices a little and the food was great! Looks like I'll be coming back!
By jcainemiami on 12/30/2009
I came to De Santos with my girlfriend for our anniversary. The restaurant has a cozy feel with wood tables and exposed brick walls. We split an appetizer and then I had the Filet Mignon, which was cooked to perfection, and she had the Basil Crusted Swordfish (she loved it). Our waiter had an extensive knowledge of the wines they carried and helped us choose perfect pairings with our meal. Everything was amazing and we plan on coming back soon!!
Great place, questionable service
By Jesster on 7/2/2009
It is too bad this doesn't seem to be more successful. The food is very strong for a neighborhood restaurant (and prices are reasonable) and the room/garden are both extremely well done. The service needs significant work.
Great neighborhood place
By bretthart on 4/16/2009
We tried De Santos on a whim for my husband's birthday and were very pleased. Delicious food (esp the beet salad, the buffalo carpaccio and the Long Island duck) and a very nice Nero D'Avola. Reasonably priced, not too trendy or noisy, warm feeling space, very pleasant, attentive but laid back service. If we still lived in the neighborhood, we'd be regulars.
hipster, but still a gem
By ells on 4/12/2009
i recently discovered this place and absolutely loved it - their tuna tartare, lamb and dessert were impeccable. the atmosphere perfect for a friday or saturday night's nice dinner out. i would eat here every night I went out if I could afford it...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu