All Reader Reviews of...
1221 Sixth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
at 49th St.
By SamHill on 8/21/2003
Excellent decor, good service, poor steaks. The Au Poivre was mediocre at best, with gristle. Crab cakes were indifferent. Waiter praised the souffle, which was dry on the outside and presented in an annoying shell. Nice crowd.
By panju78 on 7/30/2003
in just a few words..trendy, tasty, great service, a lil' taxing on the wallet, ...memorable
By keta on 4/11/2003
I love this place for their steaks and especially for a chocoholic like me---their Chocolate mousse cake in a pastry. A heavenly delight that I have to eat no matter how full I am after their great entree's. It's also a beautiful setting & a great place to 'people watch' at a table facing 6th Ave.
Texas takes New York
By gary78734 on 3/14/2003
By far the best over all steak dining experience in New York City.Great ambience, professional staff and exceptional food.Great bar staff and drinks. Incomparable wine selection.
the best restaurant in new york
By ralph on 3/6/2003
The food is awesome
Wonka & Disney Open a Steakhouse
By roastbeef on 1/30/2003
Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather get hollered at by some crusty old import at Luger's or the Palm, than have "veronica, I'll be your server tonight", just off the boat from Missouri or Texas, cheerily ask me to cut my steak down the middle to make sure it's done ok. As for the steak, it's fine. The sides, fine. Desserts, who cares. But the much ballyhooed decor leaves me cold. Somewhere between Disneyland and Wonka's chocolate factory, this place just doesn't work for me. This is New York, dammit, and New York Steak joints just aren't supposed to be this spectacular. Guess I'm just old fashioned like that.
By squid on 1/17/2003
This is a great steak house! Excellent appetizers, excellent steaks, excellent side dishes, though limited on veggies. Deserts are nothing special but you won't have room for them. Jellybeans at the door are an extra treat. Very up scale but you don't need a tie. Bring a big appetite and you won't be disappointed. Expensive. Enjoy .
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu