All Reader Reviews of...
56 Beaver St., New York, NY, 10004
nr. William St.
By MikeGoneril on 4/19/2011
Great food, great service, great staff, and just great all around. A place packed with history that makes the experience even better. Naturally their expensive but their steaks are definitely some of the best that you can get in the city and its absolutely worth it.
I love restaurant week
By KFitzandTheBitz on 7/31/2010
Went here for restaurant week lunch - it was amazing. What a great selection, they had the best restaurant week menu! We did the Delmonico Steak supplement, totally worth it. It's in such a beautiful building, great decor too, really feels like old Wall Street, out of the movies.
Still great at 172 years old
By eec on 6/4/2009
Top notch steak, great sides, professional and friendly service (unlike many steakhouses) and the best by-the-glass cabernet I've had in a long, long time. I took out of towners here because of the history and even I was humbled as I walked in. A terrific choice.
THE Classic Steak House
By CityPixie on 2/12/2008
We wanted to celebrate our wedding anniversary at a steakhouse. Admittedly, a steakhouse isn't the standard destination for a romantic dinner but our anniversary falls in December, it was ridiculously cold so a hearty steak with a big red wine seemed VERY appealing. Of course Luger's was booked up, so we decided to go "classic" and what could be more classic than one of the oldest restaurants in the city? What a lovely surprise Delmonico's was! The setting is elegant and inviting. We shared the steak and fantastic onion rings for two. The steak was prepared to perfection. Our old-school NY waiter was friendly and attentive (not at all gruff and surly like one often encounters at so many other steak joints). When we asked to take the Flintstone-sized bone home for our dog, they didn't blink. We indulged at the end with an ice cream sundae (after all, we already demolished the onion rings) and retired to the bar for an after dinner cocktail. Trendy? Maybe not. Expensive? Absolutely, but a memorable meal at a memorable destination. One that will certainly continue to endure.
Lovely landmark restaurant with food and prices to match
By michelle on 2/21/2003
Excellent ambience and service. The food is very good to excellent. Considered a steak house, but their italian and continental dishes are also very good. Have a drink at the bar ... it's got a great old New York men's club feel. I prefer to go there for lunch, as the prices jump after dark.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu