All Reader Reviews of...
153 E 60th St., New York, NY, 10065
nr. Lexington Ave.
will never go there
By dtny1work5 on 1/13/2012
We called both groupon and the restaurant at 5pm, both entities confirmed that we could use the coupon tonight even though the coupon starts tomorrow. However, after we presented the groupon at the restaurant, the waitress told us that we couldn't use it and the person, Austin, who told us on the phone that we could use it wasn't there. They didn't honor what Austin told us. We left immediately. This is bad bad bad business practice. We chose this restaurant because another groupon restaurant was fully booked tonight (Fri). We got to this one later than our reservation time. The waitress told us she had to go check if our table was still available first. After "checking", we followed her in and we found plenty of tables available. Reminder: critics' review = 1 (ignore my food and decor review, system mandatory fields)
By kate1829 on 1/10/2012
Everything about Desmonds is wonderful. Food, drinks and environment exceeded my expectations. Excellent venue for parties as well.
By mattquattrochi on 6/30/2011
Stopped in for a drink, ended up staying for dinner. The food is delicious. We were impressed by the cold corn chowder with ample crab meat. I had the Halibut, which was cooked perfectly, while my GF had the Scallops, which were also delicious. The portions on the Scallops were slightly small for $38. The Rock Shrimp Hash was phenomenal
Amazing place much needed for the neighborhood!
By scottelyanow on 5/19/2011
Its nice to have a sophisicated yet unpretentious place in the middle of the hustle and bustle. My date and I had an amazing tuna tartare and beet salad to start. This ranked with one of the best tuna tartares I have had in the city. The cod entree was just perfect and my date had the pot pie which was rich without being too heavy (a problem with such comfort food). The service was friendly without being ingratiating and the overall vibe was great. This should do well. I would expect it to be a very active lunch place as well due to the locale. Good luck to everyone at Desmond's. Great experience.
fantastic! Great for the area.
By eaternyc on 4/9/2011
The dinners we had were fantastic. Short ribs to pot pie to scallops and bone marrow and cod....such a pleasure to experience. Great attentive service and lovely though small, wine selection. This is what the neighborhood needs. An approachable consistent restaurant that feels more comfortable than stuffy.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu