All Reader Reviews of...
122 E. 7th St, New York, NY, 10009
nr. Ave. A
Great, Unique Spot
By portia.zwicker on 3/12/2015
I'm a little biased since the first and only time I went to Desnuda included my boyfriend proposing to me, so I'll always remember it. The truffle popcorn is not too truffly, and that is a very good thing. The wine selection is decent, and the bartender/chef/waiter (all the same person), kept my glass full. I was skeptical of the smoked oysters, but the chef convinced me to try them. You get to witness the whole smoking process and each oyster is served in its own glass container (which has been holding the smoke in). Pricy, but yummy. Our entrees were excellent. We plan to go back the week before our wedding as kind of a last date as singles!
Well worth a visit
By Hamishthedenizen on 7/20/2011
The main drawback to Desnuda is that it is really narrow, and you have to be comfortable sitting on a barstool. The plus is that the food makes it all worthwhile. Wonderful dishes, fresh and flavorful, and a very friendly staff.
Great for a cozy glass of wine.
By West4th on 4/12/2009
A great place to pop in and have a couple of glasses of great wine. Nice atmosphere. The truffle oil popcorn is a nice touch. I would stay away from the food - the chef is very 'hands on" - as in I am not sure how clean he keeps them while touching all that raw fish in front of you. Some meals are better prepared out of sight. A boisterous little man with a pretty big personality, he tends to "spray it" not say it over the food.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s