All Reader Reviews of...
204 E. 10th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. Second Ave.
It's all in the cupcake!
By reeniepark on 4/12/2009
My bf & I decided to finally try the Dessert Club. The place was tiny & packed but the line moved very fast (surprising for Sat @ 10pm). They, unfortunately, ran out of/didn't have the cupcakes we wanted (banana, caramel, smores). Instead we got coconut, triple chocolate, blk & white...simply delicious. They balanced the flavors just right & got the perfect amt of sweetness. Cake was moist, the frosting light & fluffy. As luck would have it, when I went to get the apple crisp (which they didn't have), they happened to bring out a plate of caramel cupcakes. The one I snagged was awesome. We also got the fruit smoothies in strawberry & mango. I thought my mango (aside from the brain freeze) was refreshing & tasty but my bf thought the strawberry tasted a bit off. We managed to share a table w/ a group of random ppl, but it wasn't uncomfortable at all (I'm used to not having any personal space tho). I'd definitely give this place a shot; just come w/ patience & don't set your heart on a specific flavorÂ…ultimately, they'll all be delicious in their own way.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu