- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
6 Clinton St., New York, NY, 10002
nr. E. Houston St.
Dessert Truck Works
By restaurantfairy on 11/10/2010
Dessert Truck Works (DTW) began as an actual gourmet dessert truck in 2007. The threesome would drive around offering puddings with panache to the masses of New York City. A few years of success has happily led them to trade in the truck for more permanent digs â€“ though the truck is still available for rental at special events. Housed right by the Clinton Street Baking Company, this cute little dessert cafĂ© holds it own serving inventive, upscale desserts that are priced just right ($6 each). Each dessert is made to order â€“ right then and there. I love the way they play with odd ingredients in the desserts they serve. One is topped off with a bacon custard sauce whilst another one is made with an olive oil ganache. Having won the Throwdown Challenge with Bobby Flay â€“ their Warm Chocolate Bread Pudding with Bacon Custard Sauce is definitely worth trying. I really wanted to try their Warm Molten Chocolate Cake with Olive Oil Ganache but they were out. Darn â€“ I guess Ill just have to â€śdragâ€ť myself back there real soon!! I suggest you do the same too! For pictures and more food details click on this link: http://therestaurantfairy.com/2010/11/07/dessert-truck-works/
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu