All Reader Reviews of...
189 W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Bleecker St.
Funky digs, crappy service, shitty food
By barthelme on 4/11/2008
order the "ensalada grande" and be amazed. You will pay 16 dollars for a half bag of pre-washed bagged greens, a couple of pitted olives, some grilled chicken (or, to be totally fair, some shrimp or other meat) and a couple of sliced cherry tomatoes. The food at this place is ridiculously overpriced, it is the kind of place that makes you question living in NYC. Don't take my word for it, go there and have dinner. Oh, and btw, you get one free basket of chips and a bowl of soup they call salsa, but then they charge you $3 for anything more. I am usually totally fine with restaurants that suck, as long as I can get drunk in peace, but this place takes the cake: ridiculously overpriced ($8 shitty margaritas?), horrible food, and crappy service. Whoever owns this restaurant should be ashamed. And worried.
By MexicaliLeo on 11/29/2008
I had heard great things about this place but my personal experience was lackluster. Staff was nice, food was OK but this could have been in a mall in Weehawken. Margarita ingredients we're premixed and the vibe was just generic. Had chicken and steak tacos...again, just average.
Tasty and fun - not for cheapskates!
By arkelemen on 3/17/2009
The food here costs what you would expect for a NYC restaurant. However, as a New Mexico native who is VERY picky about her Mexican, I can say that this place does great food with flair! Their margaritas are delicious, and the atmosphere is so so fun. Dont go here expecting to save money, but go expecting a good time and a full stomach!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu