All Reader Reviews of...
228 E. 10th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. First Ave.
Thumbs in the Bowls...
By fivepointer on 11/25/2014
Server and waitress each served plates and bowls with their thumbs hooked into the bowl/plate!! In Japan, as here, this is beyond Very Very Bad Manners. After that the food was tough to savor. Cod was good but paired with Western rice didn't cut it. Better options in the hood. Take a passs.
Italian Tapas & Wine
By martin04 on 3/23/2007
The server described the food as "Small Plates." Well, indeed all the dishes on the menu were in small portion. They went pretty well with Italian wine I had (though the wine list had some Long Island wines as well.) The food was Italian and the style was Small Plates. I loved the squid ink risotto and the duck with fig sauce. The home made banana ice cream was amazing. The slightly curved bar table is charming, and you can sit face-to-face with your friends there.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu