- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
170 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 20th St.
Not bad for $5 bucks
By lamtime on 4/2/2008
I'm not sure if I agree that the food would hold up in a taste test with Tabla, or for that matter Bombay Talkie across the road. That said, I still enjoyed my $5 dollar platter eaten standing at a bench as cabbies squeeze past in this tiny deli. The service is no frills- polystyrene plates zapped in a microwave- but all with a smile. The matar paneer and okra was good. The samosa was a bit underspiced and boring. Will defintely try the chana next time.
Good to take home
By deaghaidhcjjd on 3/4/2005
Ok, so you walk in and think... hmm not a resturaunt. It is a deli-like establishment that sells "electronics" ideal for those traveling. The food is probably the best Indian you will get in the area--mostly vegetarian. The price of $5 for most food is also a great insentive. Don't let the decor stop you.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?