All Reader Reviews of...
700 W. 125th St., New York, NY, 10027
at 12th Ave.
Best BBQ in NYC
By LegalFoot on 10/17/2008
Great food with a wonderful selection of beers. Bring your appetite as you will get stuffed. This place is so much better than Blue Smoke, Virgil's, Dallas BBQ etc... The only thing this place does not have are the rib tips which you can find at Rub. For the reviewer who did not like this place I have to wonder if he is used to tv dinners.
By iand on 7/9/2008
I liked everything about Dinosaur except for the food. The ribs were just plain bad. You needed a knife which they provided with the ribs which I guess was an ominous sign. I was expecting "fall off the bone" teder and what I got was tough, fatty, and stringy. The sauce was tasteless (so was the cornbread) and the beans were disgusting. After reading Adam Platt's where to eat in 08 and the reader reviews on here, I was totally shocked. The Mac and Cheese was the only saving grace. Sharp cheese with a nice crust, good texture, and a tasty spice rubbed topping. Very good. If anyone feels compelled to give Dinosaur a try, make sure to keep your expectatons low.
By ma10040 on 7/1/2007
good food, rapid atmosphere. Make sure you make a reservation otherwise you might wait 2 hrs. I'll see you there close to July 23rd - my birthday.
one cool place
By elsushi921 on 1/17/2007
FOR A REAL FUN NITE GO TO THIS PLACE. THE FOOD IS GREAT AND THE MUSIC ADDS ALOT, EVERYONE IS DOWN HOME FRIENDLY AND HARLEM IS THE PLACE TO BE ACCORDING TO WWW.nycmove.com they always get me in the right direction to the newest places in town. JUST GO
A Good NYC BBQ Experience
By lreev01 on 1/13/2007
I'm originally from Kentucky, not far from Owensboro, which claims to be the BBQ Capital of the World. So, I'm tough on NYC BBQ. That said, Dinosaur BBQ is pretty darned good. Half of any good BBQ experience is the atmosphere and Dinosaur does atmosphere very well. The BBQ itself (specifically the ribs and the pulled pork) is pretty good - and that's coming from someone who won't touch most New York BBQ. Most people, therefore, will fall in love with this place. Worth the trip to northern Manhattan - give it a shot.
A fun place to have dinner
By jkon on 1/13/2005
The food is as good as bbq gets . If you are looking to have good bbq and a fun time it's the place to be .It's a great gathering place to meet friends and family . The atmosphere truly made the difference . I enjoyed the micro brews they had offered, I enjoyed the bbq and truly enjoyed the atmosphere . If you are looking for the Four Seasons Rest it is not, if you are looking for good bbq, a fun time and a night out with the friends it's time to visit Dinosaur.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu