All Reader Reviews of...
1108 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11216
nr. Quincy St.
By agofarkas on 6/8/2012
We called ahead because we weren't going to get there until 10:30-ish and wanted to make sure the kitchen would still be open. When we arrived at 10:35, they greeted with grace and cheer and told us to leave the stress outside, we were in good hands. And indeed we were. The food is awesome. The foie gras donut is silly delicious, the nachos are outstanding, the steak tartare is divine and the chicken and woffals are super tasty. The service - how often do you have two owners beating each other to the chase to make sure you're cocktails are full and you have what you need??? - was outstanding. Attentive but not overbearing. Crazy friendly. When asked for help navigating the menu, they were helpful and honest ("order what you like - if you like steak tartare, ours is a great twist, but if you're not into it, this is not going to change your mind") We will definitely be going back.
Superb gonzo irreverent Bed-Stuy restaraunt
By lugepravda on 8/10/2011
My wife and I have been here twice now. First thing, the original fast food awning which renders the place unrecognizable unless you knew exactly what you were looking for. My wife liked the disco ball. Great fun food. Ever had Fois Gras doughnut? Deep fried deviled eggs? All delicious. The owners work their own restaurant and the service is personal. BYOB at this time too. We will go back and back.
Not to be missed
By bobschled on 7/19/2011
My partner and I made it to here early on. Thank goodness we have somewhere like this in the neighbourhood! Food's great, decor's cool and with nice little touches here and there that show they care. Keep it up fellas!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu