All Reader Reviews of...
135-58 Lefferts Blvd., Queens, NY, 11420
nr. 149th Ave.
WHAT GREAT FOOD!
By lindajoy on 10/31/2011
My husband and I & 3 other couples decided to try Don Peppe after reading all the reviews online. SO GLAD WE DID! The family style dishes are great (& ample portions!) so we could all sample a little bit of everything. Can honestly say we loved everything we ordered! the 8 of us shared: a large Don Peppe Salad, 2 stuffed artichokes, 2 pasta dishes (one w/ meat sauce , 1 linguini pomadoro - LOVED their sauces which we sopped up with loaves of italian bread!), 1 Chicken Scarpariello, 2 bottles of house red wine, 2 bottles of their white, 1 veal pizzaiola, 1 chicken marsala, 1 beer, 1 soda, 8 Cappuccinos; shared 4 desserts - tiramisu, 2 tartufus, & 1 tortoni -- the bill came and it was only about $100 per couple (includig the tip!). We left stuffed and satisfied and are already planning a trip back to try some of the other dishes we saw nearby tables of diners enjoying. Yes we had to wait a 1/2 hour for a table, and yes the ambiance is not the greatest (AND no credit cards or liquor)..but they make up for it in spades with the delicious feast we so thoroughly enjoyed over the 3 hours we were there! Definitely more a restaurant for groups of people so you can share the huge family portions they serve. Definitely one of the best Italian meals I 've had in ages! For sure, we will be recommending this place to everyone we know! BELLISSIMO !!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu