All Reader Reviews of...
675 Hudson St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. 14th St.
Dos Caminos in the Meatpacking District
By Adrianabee on 6/17/2013
I made reservations for 10 people for my sister's bachelorette party at Dos Caminos in the Meatpacking District. Although the food was good we had a very bad experience when we came in. I brought in a beautiful cake specially made from a bakery in my neighborhood for my sister. I gave it to the hosts at the door and asked them if they could keep it refrigerated and have it brought to our table for dessert. The hosts ended up giving the cake to the wrong table there for another bachelorette party and the girls in that party who we did not know ate the cake I brought in! The manager came over to us after to break the news to us. Although he gave us a bottle of champagne and a round of desserts on the house which we did appreciate I couldn't believe that something like this could happen in an establishment such as this. I paid to have the cake made for my sister and the girls that ate the cake got it for free!!!!!! It really is unbelieveable and the more I think about it the more upset I get. There should be policies put in place especially in a restaurant as big as Dos Caminos to ensure cakes that are brought in by guests are delivered to the correct parties!
By memechrstine on 9/10/2012
excellent food. fun atmosphere.
By RSF on 12/30/2011
I love Mexican food. It is my passion. It is my heritage. Dos Caminos food was marginal and the prices were even worse. I understand I was paying for "the scene" but in NYC I expect exceptional everything. Sorry, there are too many great places here to return to, that settling for marginal isn't acceptable in my book.
By mistermcgoo on 6/20/2010
If you want great Mexican food, head to Spanish Harlem for the authentic experience and you'll pay a fraction of what you'll pay at Dos Caminos. But that said, Dos Caminos is pretty damn good and a great option if you are looking for something in the meat packing neighborhood. Its also a huge place so if you have a large party its a good choice, you will be seated immediately and the service is fairly prompt. They make their own salsas and guac, they offer a tequila sampler and the food was surprisingly good, I had the carnitas which were tender, well seasoned and delicious. Our server was very friendly and helpful though it was hard to get his attention to order rounds of drinks or get our check when we ready to leave. The place is also really beautiful the way they have it decorated and lit.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu