Lousy Food, Lousy Service
By TrinketsNYC on 8/10/2009
Went for Restaurant Week lunch at Park Ave. So. location. Gazpacho had an aftertaste of bitter lime rind. Appetizer plates weren't cleared before entree arrived. Chicken stuffed with chorizo was rubbery and bland. Tuna torta was a stringy slab of fish sandwich. Dirty entree forks were left on the table for dessert use. Corn cake in tres leches for dessert was insipid. There was nothing genuine about the flat-flavored food. Steve Hanson and his chef should be ashamed and remember that restaurant week is a great time to showcase the best of what you've got.
Just keep walking .....
By LindsayBrownA on 5/20/2009
The only thing nice is the outdoor seating, although cramped. This is the worst place with food that could be beaten by Chevys in Times Square anyday. Ouch! sad but true. completely inconsiderate and snotty staff, worst service I have ever had. BLAND food for close to 30 dollars an entree. There is this female manager there that is so nasty and rude that I have no idea what she is doing running anything. So whatever you do, if you go, DO NOT voice an opinion even politely. This is the only place that I have ever felt compelled to write a negative review about in NYC.
good saturday lunch experience
By Pefac on 3/30/2009
I went here on the first warm saturday of the month in the city, i wasnt sure if we'd be able to sit outside but there was room and the hostess was really accomadating about picking a good seat for my friend and i. the waitress was sweet and very willing to help out and explain the menu. Guacamole was excellent, margharitas were great as well. would definately come back with a group of friends. price was reasonable as well.
I wish I read the reviews
By Drk2 on 10/26/2008
I just wasted an evening and a lot of money on a horrible dinner that came 45 minutes after I ordered it. I had the Angus Steak which desperately needed salt and was nothing but gristle. My date had two small, dry chicken enchiladas which cost $20. The restaurant made no effort to apologize for the wait. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, then I read the reviews which mirrored my experience. Definitely not worth the wait or the money.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu