All Reader Reviews of...
103 W. 77th St., New York, NY, 10024
nr. Columbus Ave.
Hell Yes I Would Go Back!
By henry710 on 8/10/2010
The last question of this review asked "Would you go back?" Hell yes I would go back to Dovetail. First and foremost, when you spend your hard earned money at a restaurant (especially when your money pays the salary of the employees of the restaurant), you expect the employees to display a certain manner and respect towards their customers. The employees of Dovetail were welcoming, respectful, helpful, and all of the above. In addition to the service, the food of Dovetail was fantastic. The food superseded all the expectations I had after reading all these reviews. For my appetizer, I chose the foie gras and it was delicious. For my entree, I chose the pistachio crusted duck. The duck was cooked to perfection. Lastly, for desert, I chose the chocolate souffle. The souffle was bitter yet sweet at the same time. I definitely recommend this restaurant.
Great dining experience
By PBNewYorkCity on 11/2/2012
It is time to rewrite the profile for this restaurant. The food and service were impecible and the decor was elegant. Unlike other NYC restaurants the acoustics were perfect and you could enjoy a private conversation. But the food and desserts are the reason to go to Dovetail. The food was creative and delicious. Next time I may have to start with desert because they were fabulous!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu