All Reader Reviews of...
103 W. 77th St., New York, NY, 10024
nr. Columbus Ave.
By Maggie10023 on 2/6/2008
Dining at Dovetail was a wonderful experience from start to finish. The space was simple, but inviting and comfortable. I was with four friends and we sampled a number of the offerings between us. The Brussel sprout salad is a great starter filled with great flavor. I tasted my friends sweetbreads and as a recent convert, I found them wonderful. For entrees I had the scallops which were delicious. My friends had duck and sea bass which they found amazing as well. My Cirtus dessert was not quite lemony enough for me, but you can't have everything. I can't wait to go back and try other things on the menu. It's great and even in my neighborhood. What could be better than that!
By JillyMacias on 1/12/2008
I was looking forward to Dovetail and was not disappointed by the decor or the great selection of sherry and wines, Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the food and the service. The brussel sprout leaf salad to start was good, and I was looking forward to my entree, the Lamb,as I had read that it was exceptional. But unfortunately mine was so salty that I could not eat it and had to send it back. The service was odd. At the bar, they helpful but a little overwhelmed by serving the restaurant. In the main room, the waiters seemed erratic and lacking co-ordination. They were running backwards and forwards, throwing down plates, then picking them up two minutes later, then placing down fresh ones. Later on it seemed as though they had run out of plates - I wonder why? Best of luck- these are small issues,that I am sure can be resolved.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu