- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
157 Duane St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. West Broadway
One Of The Few I Go Out Of My Way To Visit
By youngryman on 3/18/2008
This is still a place I compare to a Paris neighborhood one-star Michelin restaurant. For those who understand this comparison I need say nothing more. A charming redecoration has made it feel like entering a sort of Alice-in-Wonderland version of a room in a chateau..The food and service continue to be exactly what a civilized person hopes for and rarely gets. I have no commercial connection to this restaurant but over the years I have come to know some of the personnel. I don't think they are aware of the comments I am making under this pseudonym. At least, I haven't told them.
A Rare Find in New York City
By perigord on 12/30/2007
Are we in France, Italy? After 15 years of dining in wonderful French and Italian restaurants where the ingredients are fresh, and the food preparation is an art we are so happy to have discovered Duane Park Cafe. The food is exceptional. Duck confit salad was a generous helping of warm succulent duck confit, the ale-braised pork is to die for....., Tuna au poivre fresh and perfectly cooked. Paired with a 2005 Cote du Rhone which was so fat with berries, smooth on the tongue and beautiful in color, who could ask for more? Our waiter was wonderful, we never felt rushed, he knew when to be at the table and when not to, keeping our wine glasses full and clearing our plates when we had finished. It will be difficult to eat out anywhere else in the city after this experience. Maybe I should'nt have written this, it would be terrible to not get a table!!!!!
A Gem One Fears To Praise Too Much
By youngryman on 9/27/2006
Like a Paris neighborhood one-star Michelin place. Always reliable and satisfying over the years. Trend-setters, celebrities and successful neurotics, please stay away.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good