All Reader Reviews of...
314 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. S. 1st St.
Waited 55 min to get a so so Hamburger
By deanhamden on 6/16/2011
The restaurant was not busy, coffee got cold before we got the milk. Drank 2 cups of coffee and still no hamburger. After complaining the hamburgers came after waiting 55 minutes, even though the restaurant was empty. You would think a hamburger joint would specialize in getting the hamburgers out.
Not what it was
By JDS on 9/20/2010
Dumont Burger used to be the best in Brooklyn, and even worth taking the Canarsie Line to Billyburg. No longer. Two trips there, with friends from out of town, have left me, well, meh. Fine for what it is, but prices are too high for what it is, which is a decent, but mainly average, hamburger. On my last trip, they screwed up the cheese and bacon. And the onion rings are disgusting, gloopy messes. Fries were okay. So if it's a burger jones you have, go to Shake Shack, which despite the hype is still serving 'em up right, and at HALF the price of Dumont.
Best burger in town...
By grandenchilada on 8/7/2010
...as far as I'm concerned. The mac and cheese, made with corkscrew pasta, white cheeses and pancetta is to die for too.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu