All Reader Reviews of...
230 E. 51st St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Third Ave.
By calla_lily on 6/21/2010
Since East Side Social Club opened in November 2009, this has been the go-to place for my friends and I. We all live in different neighborhoods, and this is the perfect location for us to meet after work. Their bar and wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I could eat the mushroom ravioli everyday of my life, and the "Upper East Side" cocktail of cucumber vodka, mint, and lemon juice has a truly addictive quality. The atmosphere is warm and definitely unpretentious, which is difficult to find in my opinion. The large booths are set up for a bottle...or 3...of red wine and great conversion. I planned a private event here for my hard-to-please bosses, and Grace, the restaurant manger, was a pleasure to work with and was perfectly accommodating to all my needs and very specific requirements, including catering to a large number of vegetarians. Everyone loved the restaurant and has since taken clients there. Very highly recommended.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s