All Reader Reviews of...
230 E. 51st St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Third Ave.
By calla_lily on 6/21/2010
Since East Side Social Club opened in November 2009, this has been the go-to place for my friends and I. We all live in different neighborhoods, and this is the perfect location for us to meet after work. Their bar and wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I could eat the mushroom ravioli everyday of my life, and the "Upper East Side" cocktail of cucumber vodka, mint, and lemon juice has a truly addictive quality. The atmosphere is warm and definitely unpretentious, which is difficult to find in my opinion. The large booths are set up for a bottle...or 3...of red wine and great conversion. I planned a private event here for my hard-to-please bosses, and Grace, the restaurant manger, was a pleasure to work with and was perfectly accommodating to all my needs and very specific requirements, including catering to a large number of vegetarians. Everyone loved the restaurant and has since taken clients there. Very highly recommended.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More