- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
9 E. 17th St., New York, NY, 10003
By Kitz456 on 1/24/2012
Phenomenal sushi-Edo is the best casual Sushi place in Manhattan. Highly recommend the Rise and Shine, I love That Roll, and Deep Impact. The staff could not be more friendly- always a treat to go in. My best friend and I visit at least once a week. I love that roll and I love edo!!!!!!!
By scherbert on 6/14/2011
I can't believe this was rated a Critic's Pick. The sushi was below average, the miso soup the worst I've ever tasted (slightly sweet, and weakâ€”who knew you could mess up miso?), the salmon teriyaki textbook Bad Japanese. Blech. I mean, I guess it's a bargain if you don't want to pay a ton for bad food. The interior is a total bummer, too: like something in a Midwestern strip mall. Enjoy!
great specials, not great service
By rjmoore on 9/6/2009
i went with my roommate based on a friend's recommendation. we went on a sunday evening; the restaurant was about half full. edamame and shrimp shumai appetizers were great. we had the tri-tropical roll, the spicy sampler and the summer rolls for entrees. green tea ice cream for dessert. everything was good; i strongly recommend the tri-tropcial roll, but the texture of the summer roll was a little odd. the one downside: they brought our check before we ordered dessert, and seemed like they were in a hurry, even though it was only about 9 o'clock and the place was half empty. overall it's a great deal, and very fresh fish...just don't expect excellent or attentive service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu