All Reader Reviews of...
44 W. 63rd St., New York, NY, 10023
By MRollins11 on 2/14/2011
Went to NYC Ballet on Friday the 11th, so decided to go to Ed's Chowder House. Came in as a walk-in and was seated right away My Partner and I was amazed at the service. I'm 26 and my Partner is 48 they treated us with a great deal of respect. The food was great, the drinks were amazing, and the service was very good. I had the Spicy Mussels and Lobster Bisque; my partner had Winter squash bisque and sea bass sandwich. Today we will have the Valentines Special which will be the Stuffed baked Lobster (stuffed with scallops, shrimps, lobster, and garlic croutons) sides: glazed carrots, cream Spin, mashed potatoes; tonight's going to be a good night at Ed's Chowder House.
Delicious Lobster Roll!
By laura75 on 11/20/2009
Went in there for a quick bite the other night and sat in the bar area. The service was very prompt and attentive. I had a couple of oysters to start and then devoured a lobster roll. It was buttery, fresh and delicious! I would go back in a second!
So So and Not Worth the Price
By stepstar on 3/25/2012
Our party of four had dinner there on a Saturday night. Decor is better than most in the Lincoln Center area. Service was ok once you got someone's attention. Appetizers and main courses were well presented but absolutely tasteless and uninspiring. Sauces were bitter and fish was well cooked but clearly had not been seasoned and was not integrated into the rest of the dish. Very surprising given the relatively high costs. Portions were quite small. Suggest not wasting your time.
Horrible service, underwhelming food
By pegu on 10/18/2009
I was a big fan of Centercut (good food, fantastic service) and was looking forward to Ed's. While the lobster was a good value and the corn chowder was tasty, the risotto was bland and the sides were forgettable. Unfortunately, the service was horrible. Even after speaking to the manager, nothing was done. The waiter took 25 minutes to deliver drinks, didn't know the menu, didn't know how to pronounce the names of the oysters, and served dishes when people at the table were not present. I cannot recommend this experience to anyone.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu