All Reader Reviews of...
1271 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10021
at 73rd St.
Good food - hits the spot
By finafromsayville on 10/20/2006
Busy luncheonette - reminiscent of a good family diner. Somewhat busy but food came hot, our orders were correct, and out 1 year old fit right in. Would visit again. A little noisy but not a deal breaker. Clean too.
Thanks for Making My Visit to my Mother's Pleasant For Once!
By jhagernyc on 1/16/2012
I never write restaurant reviews, or would even care to do so, But something was peculiar last Sunday when I visited my mother and took her out to eat, and it didn't hit me until I got home. For the first time in a long time, My Mom actually enjoyed her meal! This was our first trip to the local UES diner last Sunday for Brunch. Visiting my Mother is usually a headache, she is elderly and is the type that is satisfied by nothing, Complains almost EVERY time I visit and take her out to eat. There was short wait, about ten minutes, I appreciate the host who showed my mother patience and offered her a seat while we waited. The atmosphere was upbeat and lively retro themed from the fifties, my waitress was excellent and , as was my salmon benedict, I highly recommend it. What really impressed me was the manager who took it upon himself to hail a taxi for my mother while the place was packed with people waiting out the doorway, now that is service! we will definitely be back!
Wow a Great dinner on the East Side with Outstanding Service
By maryannmiller on 2/18/2012
Stopped into EJ's on a cold winter morning and was greeted at the door by a very friendly Manager. She sat me and sent over the waiter to take my brunch order. The service was outstanding, but the food topped the service. The french toast was delicious, as was the breakfast sausage! I plan to visit this diner again....real soon!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl