- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
557 Driggs Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. 7th St.
By lucyg on 8/22/2011
i really liked this place! great ambiance and great food! the service was very good! delicious tacos de pescado!!!
By antonybcn on 9/16/2009
El Almacen probably serves the best steak for the money in all of NYC! We had a starter of Avocado Fries and Morcilla. Both excellent. Luego we shared the delicious Entrana. For $ 18 dollars you get two slabs of exquisite marinated skirt steak, garnished with mashed patotoes and pimientos de padron. More than enough food for two on a late weekday dinner. We finished it off with a flan with strawberries the way it should be. The check (including wine+beer) came in at $ 52, a happy surprise! Ah, and the patio is delightful on a warm September night!
cozy argentinian restaurant
By carl65 on 3/6/2011
i love the decor but the service push you to much.....food ok!
By annanyc29 on 3/12/2010
when you order a bottle of wine AND DINNER make sure you finish it after an hour and half because they will kick you out after 2 hrs anyway
By kenn2121 on 11/28/2013
If you like bad service in a cramped space and enjoy eating average food at above average prices - then this is a place for you. I'll take a pass next time.
Mexican? Why is this restaurant listed as Mexican?
By loveboat on 9/17/2009
It is most definitely argentine. Super charming and can be quite romantic!
By helmutkang on 8/5/2009
I hate to be negative (because I'm always happy for new places in our hood) but my dinner companion and I were sadly underwhelmed by this restaurant. First the waitress tried to sit us right up against another table when the restaurant was half empty. Weird - why not give us a nice corner table (which we then requested)? Then our appetizer, the ceviche mixto, arrived even before our wine. Umm, it would be nice to start my glass of wine before the meal. The ceviche was totally unexciting - tomato sauce, almost like ketchup, no citrus-y bite at all. Plus the dish was very small for the price. The paella was fairly tasty but again, the portion was so skimpy. Certainly was not brimming with seafood. In short, underwhelming, overpriced, inexperienced.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu