All Reader Reviews of...
824 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 54th St.
By Mioz on 9/24/2009
Lots of great inexpensive food served by a lovely waitor and great drinks. All I need.
Bright Mexican Spot with Solid Food
By smmantastic on 9/24/2009
The menu at El Centro offers the typical variety you would expect from a trendy Mexican restaurant in Hell's Kitchen and the food is respectable, but not incredible. The decor is slightly overdone with bottle caps, bright colors and crowns and the food is pricier than the surrounding options. The drinks are unimpressive. That being said, the place has a fun and bright atmosphere and the wait staff are attentive.
Tasty Mex in a Lively Neighborhood Joint
By ajhk on 2/15/2009
This is a comfy, lively, enjoyable restaurant. While the food may not be magnificent, it comes at a great value and is among the best Mexican food for the money in Hell's Kitchen and surrounding neighborhoods. The drinks are tasty. The servers are great. The decor is kitschy fun.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Hundreds of Frozen Foods at Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe’s Recalled Over Listeria Fears
- America Finally Realizing Subway’s Sandwiches Aren’t Very Good
- Supreme Court Won’t Stand in the Way of Seattle’s $15 Minimum Wage
- Congress Introduced a Bill to Keep Journalists From Snooping Around Big Food
- A Farming Cartoonist Was Fired for Joking About Big Agriculture