All Reader Reviews of...
823 Greenwich St., New York, NY, 10014
at Horatio St.
The Light House is Not in Times Square My Friends
By hjnreads1972 on 12/8/2010
In response to the patron who found the host at El Faro to be cold and ungracious: boo-hoo! El Faro does not pretend to cater to a throng of tourists or guests looking for the 5-star treatment at 2-star prices. They don't take reservations for a reason. They can seat you, feed you, and delight you with an efficiency that will impress. No wonder there is always a crowd waiting to get a taste of the delectables they have to offer. And guest don't seem to mind whiling the wait with a glass of the best sangria in town. This is the real deal; excellent, authentic Spanish dishes that never skimp on the quality or quantity. The servers are quick, efficient, and knowledgeable. But don't wait for someone to thank you for coming. Reset your expectations: As you leave, thank them for an amazing meal, for the fully loaded and tasty drinks, and for getting it at a bargain price. If you are expecting a flourish of "thank yous," make a reservation at Per-SE - it's included in their prices!
By Lora868 on 8/15/2010
Let me start by saying my husband and I haven't been to El Faro in 24 years. My parents brought us there for our 1st wedding anniversary because it was their favorite spanish restaurant. My parents are now deceased and we decided to go back and celebrate our 25th anniversary there tonight. We were addressed by a host? who was not at all friendly, cordial or welcoming. We did finally sit and the food was outstanding and the service was very good. The most dissapointing experience of it all was the host. He did not thank us when we left nor did he welcome us when we came in. There are many spainsh restaurants in the City that would love our bussiness. We are from Long Island and don't get into the city much. Someone needs to tell that man that he should greet and thank people for coming into his place! Boo on the host!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods