- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
4141 Broadway, New York, NY, 10033
at 175th St.
It was good...
By voiceu on 9/14/2010
This place has good food but, it's nothing to write home about. I'm Dominican and was raised with all foods and flavors Dominican. I had the steak, rice and beans, maduros and for dessert the majarete. My husband had the sauteed chicken and shrimp with the same rice/ beans, maduros and for dessert the tres leches cake. He loved everything on his plate and had left overs. The steak was really nicely flavored, although a little tough, rice and beans excellent a taste of home, the maduros delicious, I would go again just for these. As for dessert, the majarete, disgusting. It was pasty, orange, soupy and sugary. This is not majarete. Majarete is yellow because it's made with real corn and more custard like. The tres leches cake was really very good. The waiter that served my husband and I seemed to be having a few miserable months and was taking it out on us. Was not friendly at all and was not concerned about what was going on at our table... Eesh. Thank goodness the manager (he seemed to be was dressed in a shirt and tie, while everyone else had on a uniform black top and pants) was very courteous and friendly and he asked us how our meal was going etc.... We did take leftovers home and enjoyed them very much. I would suggest making the ordering out and taking all the food home, except the majarete yuck, lol. Because it's just too crowded, uncomfortable and you can avoid the bad service I have read so many others have received here at Malecon...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu