All Reader Reviews of...
68 Greenwich Ave., New York, NY, 10014
nr. 11th St.
By cupcakemonster on 5/28/2008
Has a rustic feel to it. It's a very small place. The bathroom is tiny as well. Have been there many times since I was little and the service and food have always been great. Things I frequently ordered included the sugar crepe, poached egg, and a salad with chicken and bleu cheese but I can't remember its name. The hot chocolate came in a bowl, which my friend and I found amusing. Being that it came in a bowl, it was a lot of hot chocolate. And my dad is crazy for their burgers, but I have never ordered one, at least in my memory. They are good though, but I preferred other things on their menu.
You *must* try the smoked chicken salad!
By atteojnnyl on 6/13/2005
With hazelnuts, apples, cucumbers, and avocado, this salad is simply fantastic. The pasta with sundried tomatoes & goat cheese had an excellent combination of flavors, but too much sauce for the amount of pasta, creating a very intense flavor that I had to dilute with lots of bread. Still, quite delicious. The meatloaf wrapped in bacon is out of this world and very, very filling. A really reasonable priced option for regular dinners that have a high-quality home-cooked taste.
Like a library
By LILYTHEPINK on 10/8/2008
I went to Elephant and Castle with a friend last night, and we had only sat down, as the waitor told us to keep the noise to a minimum! I was so annoyed, we just left! Its not the place you want to go with you friend for dinner, and cant talk!!!! Terrible service, and too small anyhow! Def dont take a date, definiately not kids!! You're not allowed to talk!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu