All Reader Reviews of...
680 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10025
at 93rd St.
highly anticipated, highly over rated and highly disappointing.
By jviestaiii on 12/12/2011
After waiting nearly a year in anticipation of the corner gem we were sadly disappointed. I preface this by saying I want this Resturant to thrive. Its a disaster. We have tried brunch and dinner. Both were bad experiences. Setting aside terrible service and a slow kitchen (let's give a new establishment some forgiveness) the meal itself was unimaginative bland and just a bore. A diner breakfast would have been more satisfying. We gave the place a second try because brunch isn't a fair test. Dinner was a similar experience with bland cooking and lousy service. The concept is great. We love the idea of farm to table dining but the food is pretty standard and unexciting. This place is a sad failure. I'm sorry the owners spent so much to accomplish so little. The investors will see a return by burning the place down and collecting the insurance.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s