All Reader Reviews of...
510 Hudson St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Christopher St.
Waitress could use an attitude adjustment and a calculator
By Charlotte14 on 5/24/2007
When we first arrived the outside garden was empty, yet the waitress was infuriated that 3 of the 6 of us were running 15 minutes late. I guess we were taking up a table for the phantom people she would have rather served. We immediately ordered a round of drinks and an appetizer. When everyone arrived we ordered an $80 bottle of champagne. As we were about to toast, the waitress comes over, interrupting us and asks us for our order. We asked for some time and she quipped "you know you have a time limit and didn't some of you arrive here late". We were all shocked when we realized she was being dead serious. We then ordered 2 cheese platters, 2 specialty platters, 2 flat breads, other appetizers, a lamb chop entree, and 2 desserts. On top of the champagne we each had 3-4 rounds of cocktails. So if our sweetheart of a waitress lost the attitude and the stop watch and did the math maybe she could have figured out we were spending plenty of money. Place was adorable, food and drinks were good, as for the service - MUCH to be desired.
Great place, but terrible doorman
By rte76 on 4/25/2007
EO has become more popular over the past year or so and the weekends have become somewhat of a zoo. This is a fantastic place to meet friends for a drink (some of the coolest bartenders in town and they have pretty interesting moustaches) or have brunch/dinner (great menu). I would recommend going during the week to avoid the mess and the doorman, who is probably the only downfall of the place. Surprisingly, management has not realized what he does or says to customers entering the restaurant. Frankly, he is a very mean spirited person and on several occasions has grabbed a few girls. Other than that, this place is pretty legit but you have been warned about the doorman.
Unique and delicious
By jochutch on 9/26/2005
All of the dishes I've tried here are excellent, though they seem to be changing frequently. The drinks change as well, but just like the food, they are always thoughtfully prepared and incredible. The service is great and the chef is talented beyond words. Not overpriced, but if you have some extra $$ to spend, you will not be disappointed.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears