- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
27 Hyatt St., Staten Island, NY, 10301
nr. Central Ave.
Ruined by over- loud music
By AnneRecommends on 6/19/2011
Seriously, do not dine here if your idea of a good night out is to talk to your friends over dinner whilst eating great food. Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeplin were played at full blast the whole time, even the waitress struggled to hear our order. So there were in a restaurant with a great menu and fabulous food eating up as fast as possible to get out of there because of the noise. It was a shame because the desserts looked fantastic too, but I really wanted to relax and enjoy my food and have a conversation but the music made it impossible to do so.
There is nothing comparable in Manhattan
By lilacwine on 11/19/2007
I have been a weekly regular since they opened. The menu changes daily and rarely repeats. Often it is a totally spontaneous creation. One cook informed us that she did not know what she was going to make that day until she walked in the door, preferring to let her intuition decide in the moment. She made a bacon risotto, a first-time creation, that was the best I ever had. I imagine this kind of spontaneity is just too risky for most restaurants. Some things that impress me- the fish is always whole; they regularly serve organ meats as though oblivious to the fact that most americans restrict their proteins to beef, chicken, and pork; each cook is also an accomplished bread and pastry chef, foccacia is baked on site daily and the desserts go beyond ubiquitous tiramisu; the wines that benefit from decanting actually come with a decanter (it baffles me why even the most wine-savvy restaurants fail to do this). They just imported a new cook from Milan. We tried her tomato bread soup and profiteroles. We were astounded. BTW, they are now closed Mondays and open Sunday afternoons.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu