All Reader Reviews of...
120 Essex St., New York, NY, 10002
at Rivington St.
By LES_OD on 10/21/2010
The food was great and the drinks were plenty. The server was really on top of things and made sure we didn't go without, even with the crowd forming around our table. The only complaint is that we were seated in a table that probably shouldn't be there to begin with. The table closest to the door feels like it's part of the waiting area and people waiting tend to get a little too close. Other than that, it's a great atmosphere for a Sunday brunch for a good price.
complete waste of time
By mistermcgoo on 3/21/2010
If you're an aspiring Gossip Girl cast member or complete and/or utter douchebag with no redeeming qualities then this is the spot for you. Its extremely crowded, everyone is on their cell phone or loudly indulging in the most vapid of conversation, the wait staff are surly and rude and the food is simply not good enough to make up for these shortcomings. There are SO many great restaurants on the LES, don't waste your time with this dud.
Worst dining experience of my life
By DAKFAE on 2/1/2010
Arrived at 9:30 (with a confirmed reservation) for a birthday dinner. Didn't get seated at our table until nearly 11 pm. Didn't get our food until just about midnight...and everyone at our table ordered macaroni and cheese, except for ONE steak (which was served well done instead of medium rare as requested). When we spoke to the manager, she was unapologetic and unaccommodating, and quite rude considering how patient we had been. And we weren't alone; the table next to us waited almost 2 hours for their food. Totally unacceptable, deplorable management.
Best Brunch in NYC
By NYC_Fashionista on 10/2/2009
I've been here many times and I am totally addicted. The food is amazing and the price is beyond great for the amount of food and drinks served. It get's really busy so I recommend making reservations. This place is my favorite place for brunch!
By badgerlinds on 6/9/2008
The food was good - not spectacular, but good. The service, however, was appalling. Our waitress was actually not too terrible herself, but when she made a mistake with our bill, the "manager" came over and was just plain awful. She was rude, insulting, and tried to make it seem like it was somehow our fault that the issue had come up. Whatever happened to good customer service? And it also didn't help that it was so loud in there we could barely here her or ourselves think. I wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu