All Reader Reviews of...
125 W. 55th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Sixth Ave.
Fresh Fish Fun
By erzsikem on 1/3/2005
Delicious if somewhat pricey Greek food at its finest. The service has always been excellent!
Switch and Bait
By NewYorkpatron on 11/14/2004
The only thing that exceeded the poor service and over -seasoned underportioned food were the ridiuclous prices... ordering by the pound sets a new gold standard Milos can not handle. The mysterious by the pound rouse ( with shells included) can reult in a main course of $100.... and drinks starting at $15. After waiting far too long for the main course the hyped entree lobster salad sported more shell and filler than actual substance. ..Throw it back in the sea
Delicious but hideously overpriced
By zeecee on 7/2/2003
Fun decor, upbeat. Don't miss the zucchini appetizer. You select a fish, flown here from Greece, from a display, explained by a waiter. My grilled sardines were delicious. A tomato salad for $18 should have richly flavorful tomatoes. These were quite ordinary. The salad can serve three, but I felt taken. The grilled vegetables were tasty, but side dishes aren't generous. Service is attentive but I felt they were refilling our glasses with bottled water at every opportunity in order to move us to a new bottle. The same was true of the wine as the waiter poured a glass of wine from the bottle we ordered with the meal for a friend who still had over 1/2 glass of the wine she'd ordered previously. I pointed out she had wine, he said, "That's a different wine," and I suggested he wait until she finished hers. I've never felt so pressured by service, so don't think it was paranoia. Our bill was about $80 per person and I resented feeling hustled.
Nothing like it in the world! Seafood Fresher than God's!
By DjangoMom on 3/14/2003
Stepping into Milos transports you onto a sunny Greek island. It is the first place we make reservations at when we come to NYC. We come 5-10 times a year, so believe me, it is great. Ask for Spiro to be your waiter and you will be doubly delighted.
best fish in town
By eurotrash on 2/28/2003
delicately prepared fish, good side dishes
By sahw on 2/6/2003
Spacious Greek Seafood restaurant with beautifully displayed fish for you to choose for your dinner. Whatever the choice, it will be prepared as you like it. Young, hip crowd. Great post theatre spot.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s