All Reader Reviews of...
242 E. 81st St., New York, NY, 10028
nr. Third Ave.
One of the Best on East Side
By Buddyspack on 4/17/2007
We have been going to EU for close to 10 years. It is consistently among the best restaurants on the Upper East Side. Carefully prepared, inventive cuisine is a perfect match for the minimalist decor that feels more Tribeca than the typical East Side frou-frou. The crowd is younger than the typical East Side expensive restaurant crowd, though at this price point the crowd is not the 2nd Avenue $2 beer crowd. Reviewers who complain about value might feel happier at Tavern on the Green, where the whorehouse decor and oversized portions may feel like true luxury, at least to folks from Jersey and similar environs.
Good but not great
By Karenhadra on 4/25/2003
I went to Etats-Unis about two weeks ago. Service good. The host (or owner?) came by and helped up pick out some wine. My date had the meatloaf and mashed potatoes (which he liked) and I had salmon, which was good, but nothing to write home about. We did get dessert -- chocolate souffle. That was SPECTACULAR. It was liquid on the inside -- decadent. Good place to go on a date because it's small and cozy.
Less Than Perfect
By Bianca on 2/27/2003
I may have been expecting too much, but from what I had heard, I was anticipating a taste to perfection, but what I got was bland, mediocre food. I did like the fact that it takes a certain creative edge, to have a daily changing menu and the service was fabulous. The decor was limited, but nice. I think that if the price was lower than it would have been a great value, but in since it is on the expensive side, I didn't think the food was good enough. But what do I know, I am just the average joe.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages