All Reader Reviews of...
108 E. 4th St., New York, NY, 10003
nr. First Ave.
Try the paella ...
By SRW00 on 7/1/2010
One of wife's and my favorite places to eat in LES ... and to our pleasant surprise, terrific live Cuban music last night.
Great place for groups!
By biomenace on 3/29/2010
So we went to Euzkadi for a birthday celebration. We were a party of 6, some of whom are fairly picky eaters. The Maitre d' seated us in the back round table. We said it was too crowed and he offered to reseat us. We played musical chairs and wound right back where we started with only a cool look by the staff. I mention this only because some other reviews said the staff was haughty??? The food was hands down fabulous. The paella was great. The chorizo appetizer was rich in smoky pimento. The muscles we fresh and cooked to perfection. The tapa that combines avocado with feta cheese on toast was divine. When all was said and done dinner for 6 with 3 bottles of wine and three deserts came to $388 or $129 a couple. We thought that was a great price considering the quality.
Fun, Sexy, Lively
By DavideRaim on 2/16/2010
This is unique little place that you may not happen to stumble upon as it is secretly tucked away on 4th St. So if you plan to come, make it a Tuesday. The food is also... unique. From the quail in chocolate sauce to the mushrooms and serrano ham on toast with alioli. There were many delicious choices for vegetarians as well, like the goat cheese and honey and sauteed spinach/mushrooms. My wife and I enjoyed the wine more than anything - we had the Volver, as recommended by our waitress. The prices were fair considering the entertainment was free and the tapas were of good portions. I'll be back...
Very Good Tapas and Sangria
By fatdan on 11/7/2009
We certainly had a fun and delicious meal - the tapas are terrific. Our favorites: goat cheese and honey was the best of the bunch. The four of us split a paella for two - it was enough food, but it was not an outstanding dish. And, for $45, we agreed we would have been happier getting four more tapas. The sangria is delicious - but quite pricey. The bill for four came to $220 -- but, the bulk of that came from two pitchers of sangria and the paella. This is definitely a good restaurant with a great atmosphere -- very New York. However, for tapas and sangria next time, we'll probably head back to Pipa at 19th and Broadway.
Euzkadi is special
By Alicia711 on 9/15/2009
The live music on Teusdays is orgasmic. It feels like you are sitting on a stoop somewhere in Spain with the Flamenca artists that play on the streets there. Rather, you are in a cozy booth with some hearty tapas and an ambiance that resembles more of a cave than a stoop. Bring a date here if you are looking to score some romance points! Also, must try the fried goat cheese with honey....
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s