All Reader Reviews of...
10 E. 38th St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Fifth Ave.
RUDE AND NASTY STAFF
By nycgal17 on 12/26/2010
I recently went here for dinner with a friend. Before we could even take our coats off the waiter was hounding us if we wanted drinks. When it came time to order, we both asked for soup and an entree. After about 5 minutes the waiter brought out my soup but not my friends. Ten minutes went by and still only my soup sat getting cold. When I confronted a passerby waiter he rudely told me it would be out in a minute. When I finally found our waiter, I told him I thought it was ridiculous that my soup was brought out when the other one was no where in sight. He told me that the restaurant was extremely busy (it wasn't) and that's how the kitchen worked, and you must request if you want food brought out at the same time. REALLY? Isn't it IMPLIED that when two people go out for an overpriced chinese meal they wish to eat together? After a few choice words, this rude waiter began to yell at me. We picked up and left before ever receiving the second soup. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU WANT POLITE SERVICE!
By sockster on 12/21/2010
Walked in at noon today for lunch. Asked for a table for two. After some Chinese conversation, they tried seating us at this mini two top, in a 3/4 empty restaurant. When I asked for a large table, they said the whole restaurant was reserved! When I asked to speak to the manager, she pointed to the person at the front door. When I explaned my situation, (and trust me, I was totally humble and polite as I spoke), she told me that if I didn't like the table I didn't have to eat there. As I was taking an employee out for Christmas lunch, it was quite embarassing. I told her I was going to leave and she must have cursed at me in Chinese, but really didn't care- she let me leave. To me, in a city with a million great Chinese restaurants, this is ONE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I truly believe they don't like Caucasian people. DON'T GO HERE!!!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More
- Designer Danielle Snyder Chases Dover Sole With Twizzlers
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers